Apprenticeship Training Scheme
(A Pathway for career development)
About the Scheme
The National scheme of Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices (amendment) act 1973 & 1996 is implemented by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development,Department of Higher Education through the Regional boards of Apprenticeship Training for providing practical training to engineering graduates, Diploma holders in Engineering & (10+2) Vocational Certificate Holders in the industry for a periods of one year on monthly stipendiary basis.
- The objective of the scheme is to facilitate fresh graduates, Diploma Holders in Engineering and (10+2) vocational pass-outs for acquiring practical training in industries/organizations and thus to make them more employable.
- The Apprenticeship Training lays the foundation and opens the door to an individual to develop confidence to face the vagaries of the society of which he/she forms part.
Place of Training
The Industries and Establishments of:
- Government Departments.
- Automobile Industries
- Co-Operative Sector
- Hardware Industries
- Food and Milk Production
- Service Sector
- Multi national Companies
- Public Sector Units
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Hotel and Hospitals
- Chemical Industries
- Software Industries
- Civil Construction & Maintenance
- Manufacturing Industries
- Communication Industries
- Industries of House Hold Applliances
- Space Research Organization
Time Limit for Apprenticeship Training
- within three years after passing degree/Diploma in engineering/ + vocational course.
- The minimum monthly stipend as prescribed by the Govt. of India is paid. However Industries are free to pay higher Stipend.
Award of Certificate
* The Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) Chennai will issue Govt. of India Certificate to the candidates who are successfully completing their one year training under the scheme and it is considered as one year experience for employment under central/state government establishments
Send your biodata along with photo copies of certificates to:
The Directorate of Technical Education,
Tantrika Shkshana Bhavan,
Phone No: 080-22204928
Board of Apprenticeship training(SR)
(An Autonomous body of Ministry of HRD)
Department of Higher Education
Government of India
4th cross road
Phone No: 044-22542703/22542235